• Review | Avon Simply Pretty Blendable Eye Shadow Duo in Goddess ♥

Hello lovely w0ohlalovers, again, this entry is a continuation of the products I used on my Face Of The Day #1And today, I will be revealing the brand behind my eyes. *wink


As you can see, (well, I hope you can see :P) I am wearing neutral shade of eye shadow from Avon Simply Pretty line which was geared towards the teen market. (Oh, teen ba?? Teen pa naman ako eh.. twenteen-something.. haha)
Avon Simply Pretty Blendable Eyeshadow Duo in Goddess | P185.00 / 1.7g
Obviously, I almost hit the pan because I regularly use this.
What Avon says about this product:
Silky smooth powder eye shadow that glides and blends easily on lids for marvelous eye enhancing color. Dermatologist-tested. Hypoallergenic. Made especially for Asian women.

My take on Avon:
I don't usually buy from Avon because I always have doubt that the products on the picture/brochure are not exactly the same on the actual product. But since this product is on sale, I gave Avon a try. Well, the eye shadow duo in Goddess is composed of two shades named Gold and Rust. The gold side is in between yellow and cream color and the rust side is very true to its name. Both of them are shimmery. And does not have nasty smell. It also comes with a regular sponge applicator which I never use. When applying this, I usually use an eye shadow brush and it is really powdery, though you can get a lot of color on your brush, it wouldn't look obvious on your eyelids after. To achieve a more pigmented look, I suggest to use a primer beforehand. I also use the rust part to contour my nose and jawline.

What I like:

  • It's inexpensive. It only cost P185.00 (original price or SRP) but you can buy it less than that when you wait for sale. Avon runs different promo every 15th and 30th of the month, so I suggest you to look for their brochure every time.
  • I personally like neutral eye shadow, so this is thumbs up for me. 
  • It could last 3-4 hours or 5 hours when applied with a primer.
  • Travel friendly packaging.
  • Great for everyday use.
  • It also works as contour powder and highlight powder as well.
What I don't like:
  • The sponge applicator. The sponge applicator usually get a lot of powder but does not transfer on your eyelids.
  • You can't really expect this would stay long for the whole day.
  • Not for pageant or photo shoot type of make up.
  • It is shimmery.
  • Not really pigmented.
  • Not easily available.
Overall, I would rate this 3.5 out of 5 (5 as the highest). If they would change the sponge applicator or remove the shimmer, I would give them 4. (Well, I don't know.)



,
EmemV.


Follow Me
»Facebook« »Instagram« »Twitter«

Comments